Saturday, May 3, 2014

Joe Berns Recieves Fulbright Award to Teach in Baden-Württemburg in Germany



Joe writes:  I have been placed as an English Teaching Assistant in a school within the German state of Baden-Württemberg, which borders on both Switzerland and France.  In addition to gaining classroom experience, I will work to bring my German language skills from "literate" to "fluent." As a musician, I would like to make music a primary focus of my time there. I plan to play with a community orchestra, take lessons, and collect and transcribe as much local folk music as I can. I have also previously made contact with distant relatives from the area, and plan I to return to my great-grandfather’s hometown for another visit.  Also, thanks for all your help and support on this! 
                                                                                                                     Liebe Grüße,  -Joe