Thursday, November 6, 2008

Keith Spinali Writes about His Year Teaching in Austria

The year I spent in Austria on a teaching Fulbright went really well. I got to spend a year sandwiched between the Wachau, Waldviertel and Weinviertel regions of Lower Austria... so I got to experience a multitude regional culture. The food was amazing.



The following year I stayed in Vienna and studied Korean at the University of Vienna, at least officially. I ended up actually enrolling in one of the best Tae Kwon Do academies outside of Korea. It was there that I spent three to four hours a day training under and with some of the best martial artists.



When I arrived back in the US in August, I was planning on joining the US military. My mother is an administrator at VA hospital, and one of the doctors there has been working on a Special Forces contract for me. Unfortunately, I shattered a bone last week, and now joining the military seems impossible.



So now I am studying for the LSAT and tentatively planning on going to law school. How are things with the German department?
Cheers,
Keith