Saturday, November 8, 2008

Alumna Laura Wunsch Writes about Her Fulbright Experience in Schwaz, Austria

I knew that I wanted to be a part of the Fulbright program even before I started at CSB/SJU. I had friends who had done Fulbright and only had good things to say. I was set up in a town called Schwaz. It has only been good things this entire year! My teachers are flexible, nice, creative and simply great to work with. The students are well behaved, funny inside and outside of class, and just so great. I couldn't have asked for better schools. At orientation I got to meet other TA's in my region, who I am good friends with and see often. I have joined a rugby team which keeps me busy, and I am in Austria, the center of Europe. I have taken every opportunity to travel, see Europe and make close friends, while improving my German. This is an opportunity that everyone should take advantage of!


Even though it can be hard to graduate and immediately be separated from your friends by an ocean, it is one of the best decisions of my life. I have had so much fun in this last year that I have applied and have been accepted to stay for a second year! Feel free to contact me with questions. Alles Gute -- und werdet doch zukünftige Fulbrighter!