Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chris Pignato Thriving in His Fulbright Teaching Position


Dear German Students, Faculty and Friends,
 
Since late September I have been in Europe experiencing all I can. I returned this year to teach English at an Austrian secondary school. I currently work 13 hours a week, and these hours are split between a HTL and a HAK. The HTL is directed more toward Interior and Structural Design. The HAK puts a focus on Business and Management. I always have Fridays free, and sometimes Thursday also.  I have covered many subjects with the students so far, including the recent elections, holidays, and schools in the US.  

I have enjoyed my first two months here. The town is small and quaint, and has the amenities that I need. Teaching here has allowed me to get an idea of whether I would like to continue my education to be able to teach. 

This is a great opportunity for German students, and also students who've studied education and English. 

Liebe Grüsse aus Imst (near Innsbruck), Österreich.

Chris Pignato  SJU '12