Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tim Marzik (CSB/SJU 2011) lands a German Job in Brooklyn


Tim writes to Professor Kiryakakis: 

This past week I heard back from Google, where I will be working as a "German Ads Quality Rater".  I will be given assignments with various German search terms that Americans would look up online, and have to decide which web pages are the most accurate results based on the true definition of the search term word.  Fortunately, this position allows me to work from home so I can spend continue devoting more time to my music and composition and live on my own schedule.   For this new position, I am required to provide personal/professional references and was wondering if you would be willing to let me list you as a reference?  Our classes and time spent working on the senior thesis was integral to allowing me to be qualified for this position.  I would feel very comfortable having my new employer know about my time spent learning with you in the German department.  Would you be comfortable with me providing them with your name and work phone number in the Quad?  Let me know if this would be alright with you.