Thursday, April 19, 2012

John Jacobs Awarded Fulbright Teaching Assistantship Near Linz, Austria


Dear CSB/SJU German Studies Students and Faculty,

Beginning in September I will be working in Kirchdorf an der Krems (Oberösterreich) about 45 minutes South of Linz. The town has just over one square mile large and has about 4,000 people. I have been assigned as a Fulbright Teaching Assistant at three schools:

Stammschule: Bundeshandelsakademie
2. Schule: Höhere Bundeslehranstalt für wirtschaftliche Berufe
3. Schule: Bundesrealgymnasium und Bundes-Oberstufenrealgymnasium

Here are a few pictures of the little town: http://www.wolpy.com/places/2774390

After studying German at Saint John's, I am completing my B.A. in International Relations and minors in German, Environmental Studies, and History at the University of San Diego. I am currently applying to Master's programs in Sustainable Development throughout Germany and anticipate grad studies following my year spent teaching in Austria.

We are proud of you, John!