Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Phil Roye from Bavaria Loves Life at CSB/SJU

Phil is an avid member of the SJU Track team.

Dear faculty and students,  

My name is Phil Roye and I am an international student from Germany. The German Gymnasium I attended in Münsterschwarzach (between Munich and Frankfurt) was Benedictine and one of the faculty members knew a Benedictine high school, Woodside Priory School in California. I got the opportunity to study abroad for the second semester of my junior year. However, at the end of the school year, “Woodside” offered me a music and track scholarship for the senior year and I gladly accepted. Like every other high school senior, I applied to colleges and universities throughout the country and got accepted to Saint John’s University. Saint John’s was the one and only university I visited and liked from the very beginning. In the end, I ended up staying in Collegeville, MN and so far, I have fallen in love with community.  I feel very welcomed here.